School-based apprenticeships or traineeships can broaden your horizons and give you a headstart before you have even finished school. To do a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship you will need to apply through Ms White in student services who will work with you, your parents, your employer and your training provider to make sure your apprenticeship is a success.
School-based apprenticeships or traineeships are generally for students in Years 10, 11 or 12.
By doing a School-based appretinceship or traineeshop you will:
- Obtain a pathway from school to work
- Gain the edge you need to get started in your career
- Obtain real world skills and knowledge
- Combine practical paid work with training
- Earn an income while you learn
- Build your confidence and communication skills
- Use it as a stepping stone to higher education
- Graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
- Achieve credits towards your Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE)