Producing Contemporary Learners
In Academic Excellence we are committed to providing the best possible contemporary academic pathway to suit each individual student. At Keebra we know that creative and sporting talent is often linked to that of academic talent and many of our students achieve in a number of areas.
Students achieve academic success when they are given the opportunity to experience a challenging, supportive and inclusive program that empowers them to take responsibility for their learning. The Academic Excellence program encourages students to develop their creative and analytical skills through collaborative projects and authentic learning experiences. We aim to develop every students' capacity to be an independent, inquisitive and reflective learner, while fostering and developing their talents.
The numerous enrichment experiences and competitions Keebra Park State High School currently participate in are:
- NASA Trip – Florida, USA
- Honours Program
- ICAS English, Science and Maths Competition
- STEM classes
- National History Competition
- Legal Eagles
- Literary Competitions
- Da Vinci Decathlonx
- Days of Excellence workshops
- Writers festivals
- AB Paterson Public Speaking Competition
Students in the Academic Excellence Program are consistently challenged to aim higher. They are intellectually challenged and supported in their academic learning through the use of Gagne's Four 'DS':
- Greater depth of curriculum e.g. global connections and deep learning
- More density (compacting of the curriculum or moving through the curriculum at a faster pace)
- A higher level of difficulty including increasing complexity and abstract thinking
- Greater diversity or range of curriculum
Keebra Park State High School's academic excellence program has no ceiling, ensuring that your goals are met and don't remain aspirations.